Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving!

I swear, for a "blogger," I'm not very disciplined. I'm working on it, though :) 

Aside from feeling like the earth spins on its axis way more quickly than a full 24 hours each rotation, life is pretty good. Thanksgiving wasn't too shabby, despite the fact that I've got this bundle of joy growing inside me, and no loving hubby to share it with right now. (I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just stating how I feel in a matter-of-fact kind of way). 

Well, my brother and I started a new tradition- at least I'd love to think it's a new tradition- of going to a particular restaurant the week of Thanksgiving to gorge on something other than casseroles and pies. This particular restaurant is a haven for shameless gluttony on some of the world's most unhealthy foods. It's actually been featured on Man vs Food but I'll let you figure out what menu item scored its place on the show ;) It's a lovely hole in the wall restaurant/bar called The Vortex. It's really a great place to take anyone who may be new to the area, or driving through, looking for a cool spot in the city to be with other Atlantans. 


Below is a pic of my brother and myself just as dinner was served!

Anyway, we had a great time just hanging out in the city, decompressing from day-to-day duties. 

On this day, I was 23 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I'm still chugging along and getting bigger each day, it seems. My sleep patterns have changed- I now wake up at 6 AM most days- and my back is feeling pretty weak due to the position of my stomach. The flutters in my lower abdomen have progressed to what feels like a tiny something rolling around in my stomach, right at my belly button! Sometimes it gives me a sinking stomach feeling, and other times I'm just taken aback by how much force this little girl already has!! I sure hope she keeps it up (although sometimes I could really use her activity during the day, and not as I'm trying to sleep, haha!). I'll take what I can get! 


This is what I looked like, pre-gorging. Unfortunately, I don't have an "after" pic, but there's a huge difference when I eat!

Anyway, I just wanted to do a quick cap from this night while I had the energy... I've been doing dishes for over an hour, cleaned the dried up paint out of the sink in the downstairs 1/2 bath (finally) and emptied out waste baskets, along with lighting a lovely candle from Kirkland's! After a little bit of work today and coming home to clean, I'm pooped once again! I think it's time to call it a night. 

Until soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment